The Berkeley Tree DataBase provides very fast storage of scalar-valued timeseries data. It:
- Stores data with nanosecond-precision timestamps.
- Boasts 16.7 million writes per second and 19.8 million reads per second on a single Intel Xeon E5-2680v2 based cloud server with 60GB of RAM (EC2 c3.8xlarge).
- Accelerates computation of associative statistics over arbitrary time ranges, using precomputed statistics over power-of-two-aligned time ranges.
- Delivers 2.93x compression*, including the precomputed statistical records.
- Provides copy-on-write semantics, with versioning and efficient changeset calculation.
- Supports Distillate Streams—streams computed from one or more existing streams—that are efficiently recomputed as data changes or arrives out-of-order.
- Scales linearly in the number of nodes.
- Integrates with Apache Spark.